Sunday, September 7, 2008

7th September - Girl Interpreted















This week's program was all about Girl Interpreted as part of the Darebin Music Feast. Suzanne and Megan from Don't Mess With The Pony and Anita George came in for the first hour to speak about the event. We also had a chat about experiencing life as a songwriter, plans for world domination and current obsessions.

Music Log - first hour - feature artist's choice

  • Elana Stone - Everybody's Doing It
  • Sal Kimber - Met Police
  • Don't Mess WIth The Pony - The Right Moment
  • Anita George - Charlie (live recording)
  • The Living End - Sum Of Us
  • Feist - I feel It All
  • Me'shell N'Degeocello - Virgo
  • Dave Matthews Band - When The World Ends

Second Hour - Jenny's mish mash
  • Josh Pyke - The Lighthouse Song
  • Eva Popov - Photos Of The Sun
  • Late For Breakfast - Someone Said
  • Kate Vigo - Morning Light
  • Liz Stringer - Over The Sea
  • Tripod - I Always Get Into Stuff
  • Flight Of The Conchords - The Most Beautiful Girl (In The Room)
  • Missy Higgins - Beautiful Mind (live recording)
  • Sia - Playground

Music Obsession of the Week
New Zealand two man novelty band Flight of the Conchords has been played so much in the last week that I've actually become angry with them for minutes at time for cramping my style and making me love them, then I decide I can't stay mad for long at folks that make me laugh and cause a rock hard abbadabba response and crank it up again. It's like a sickness. A funny, funny sickness.

As I'm right on to trends I found out about these guys literally two days before it was reported in the journalistic wonderland of MX that the guys are breaking up after their next tv series.

Coming Up
This Sunday I'll be having a chat with a few interstate superstars, Guava and Lucie Thorne.
Peace out
xo

1 comment:

adam! said...

love the conchords, do not deny them.