Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday 10th May

Happy mother's day!

Been away for two weeks with the sickness of snot and no worky voice, so thought it best to stay away from the radio station  and keep my germs quarantined with me.

Thanks to Andy and Alex for keeping things shipshape in my absence.

This week I had an interview scheduled with The Fumes, but it did not happen. I think it's because the guy was busy making breakfast in bed for his mum. Next time gadget, next time.

Here's what I spun today:

MUSIC LOG
Clare Bowditch and the Feeding Set - When The Lights Went Down
Little Red - Witchdoctor
Ash Grunwald - Fish Out Of Water
Augie March - Watch Me Disappear
The Fumes - Python For A Pillow
The Fumes - Sundancer
Skipping Girl Vinegar - River Road
Machine Translations - Need A Miracle
Bonjah - Bring Back The Fire
Washington - One Man Band
McKisko - The Hollow Boat
Joe Neptune - Just Go Indigo
Dan Kelly and the Ukeladies - The SUV Song
Kid Sam - Soft, Grey Rain
Jen Cloher - Eden With My Eve
Eva Popov - Window
The Guild League - Limited Express
Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu - Bapa
Tinpan Orange - Waiting To Fall
Sia - Distractions (live)
Leah Flanagan Band - Tipsy Tango
The Basics - Rattle My Chain

TRIFECTA - Bertie Blackman
Two Lovers in Mexico, Television, Thump

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO
Seeing Mary and Max this week. 
Rollerderby.
Tom Cho's book launch.

MUSIC OBSESSION OF THE WEEK
This week it's all about Washington.
So freaking good. Check her out.

NEXT WEEK 
International Day Against Homophobia - so I've asked Scott Davis to come in and co-host with me, from the gay and lesbian liaison officers at Vic Police. We're going to play Australian songs of human rights, social justice and pro-gay happiness. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Jenny's back :)