Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday April 5





This week I caught up with Mark Hilton and Toby from Mark Hilton and the Lavender Girls, we talked about making music in Darwin, and what the buildup is like at the top end. They brought in some great tracks by female vocalists and managed to get The Final Countdown in my head. I didn't like that part, but they played some great live tracks as well so I didn't have to maim them.



Music Log - Mark Hilton Choice
Mark Hilton - Long Way From Anywhere (live)
Mark Hilton - Miss Su Li (live)
Leah Flanagan Band - Before The Fall
Tinpan Orange - The Tide
Jess Ribeiro and the Bone Collectors - It'll Come To Pass

Jenny Bonanza
Liam Finn - Lead Balloon
Anika Moa - Dreams In My Head
Dan Kelly - Nothing Compares To You
Tom Cooney - Mountains In The Sky
Lucie Thorne - Before The Cold

Jazz Cover Trifecta:
Tina Harrod - River Man
Katie Noonan - Blackbird
Fourplay - On The Road Again

BoomLa - Brain
Ladi6 - So Far
Ella Thompson - Only Of You
Princess One Point Five - Lolita
Bonjah - Fly
Symbiosis - Rise Up
Downsyde - Takin It Over

MUSIC OBSESSION OF THE WEEK
I'm really digging on Simon and Garfunkle this week. I think they're coming to Australia, damn that'd be great to see.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO
Getting some sleep
Comedy Festival Bonanza!
Glen's 30th on Saturday. Go Dolly GO!

No comments: