Friday, October 16, 2009

Sunday October 18th 2009

Today's show was truly a pleasure! I was joined by two fabulous fellas, Henry from The Holy Sea and Scott Davis, who's on holiday from the Gay and Lesbian Liaison unit. He put me onto this sensational band so I thought who better to share the interrogating with than our very own good cop.

It was great to have such a thinkerer in our midst, you should check them out live on November 7th at the East Brunswick Club. It's sure to be a hum dinger.

Here's the list of tunes Henry brought in:

The Holy Sea - Bad Luck
The Holy Sea - King of Palm Island
The Rosemary Beads - Breath
Gareth Skinner - Looking for Vertical
The Broadside Push - The Dog and the Moth

My picks for the week -
Bridezilla - Beaches
The Orbweavers - Periods of Light and Rock
Gossling - Days are Over
Sia - Lentil (live)
Danny Widdicombe - Cannonball
Mr. Black and Blues - Muddy Water
Black Arm Band - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Gurrumul - Djaimirri
Kasey Chambers, Poppa Bill and The Little Hillbillies - The Lost Music Blues

I had the great pleasure of chatting on the phone with Shellie Morris who is performing in the
Black Arm Band in this year's Melbourne International Arts Festival, the themes focusing on lost Indigenous languages. It's sure to be a thrilling and passionate show, featuring a massively talented group of Indigenous performers from around the country. Can't wait!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO
Clare Bowditch at the Thornbury Theatre, and Black Arm Band at Hamer Hall

MUSIC OBSESSION OF THE WEEK
I'm absolutely HOOKED on the Bridezilla album The First Dance, as well as Leena who I spoke with last week. Her track Mean Old Clock has got under my skin in a major way, and I have to say I'm enjoying it - not itchy at all!

NEXT WEEK ON LOCAL AND VOCAL
Really looking forward to chatting with soul lady Kylie Auldist next week, as well as having co host extraordinaire - Yvette Spagetti.

No comments: